We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
To provide key coordination and logistical support to ensure the smooth running of the teaching operation.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Service and product delivery support
- Delivers a range of administrative and/or customer services within agreed corporate procedures, to maximise quality, continuity and efficiency.
- Ensures student registration, customer care and re-registration processes are compliant with corporate policies and support effective teaching, learning and service standards.
- Maintains accurate records (for example, customer and financial) that are compliant with corporate requirements. Drafts routine and some non-standard documentation, reports or financial analysis/reconciliations.
- Performs basic analysis and review data/tasks/information, to support process improvement.
- Provides logistical support within the Teaching centre and supports delivery of internal and external activities, to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers, and may be a specific point of reference for queries. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly.
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the relevant team to any issues of concern that are likely to impact teaching delivery/customer experience.
- Proactively communicates and liaises with others to ensure effective coordination and delivery of events, services and activities.
- Builds an understanding of relevant contacts and teams to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise.
Risk and compliance
- Understands and adheres to risk management procedures relevant to teaching delivery (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the British Council and its customers at all times. Highlights to senior managers any instances of non-compliance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate requirements when handling financial or customer data to support effective reporting and decision making.
Commercial & resource management
- Monitors and takes responsibility for small-scale resources, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed.
Managing self and others
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, responding to changing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a daily/weekly time horizon.
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external suppliers) to complete tasks within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Vietnamese proficiency
- English C1 level proficiency
Pay Band: Grade 4/H
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract, 2 years (Subject to renewal)
Location: HCMC, Vietnam
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the country in which the role is based.
- Undergraduate degree in any field
- Proficiency level in English and Vietnamese
Closing Date: 10 November 2023- 23:59 Singapore Time (GMT +8)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.