We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
The main duty of a Customer Management Executive is to:
- Secure excellent sales results whilst ensuring a seamless customer experience in handling enquiries about our English language services
- Ensure a high-quality, efficient, and integrated pre and post-sale customer management experience for all customers and students across all British Council services.
- To proactively engage with internal stakeholders to ensure KPIs and business needs are met.
- Act as British Councils ambassador and provide top-quality services to all customers to enable the British Council to meet its sales targets.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
SALES AND CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- To meet and exceed all sales (new and existing students) targets and KPIs as set out by the organisation.
- Be accountable for monthly/quarterly individual & team sales (new and existing students) targets.
- Provide consultation services to students or parents on British Council courses.
- Administer placement tests to both local and overseas students where necessary, to ensure a good fit of products and learning needs.
- Provide an exceptional level of sales and customer management to all customers to ensure that all their needs and requests are taken care of.
- Follow up with customers who had their consultations and/or placement tests but did not register to offer them alternative solutions to enroll in a British Council course.
- To maximise conversion rates of enquiries/placement tests to registrations by following up telephone and email enquiries, ensuring a smooth customer enrolment process.
- To use CRM to monitor daily sales performance so that appropriate actions can be taken to meet or exceed sales (new and existing students) targets.
- Attend to all customer requests and enquiries through all British Council channels on time.
- Ensure that all existing customers are informed of re-registration promotions and periods through various channels as appropriate
- Register/reserve/waitlist students in appropriate classes and details are entered in the system accurately.
- To handle cash desk in the system accurately and payments received correctly for course registrations/placement test/examination registration and other products/services
- Acquire and maintain an excellent level of product knowledge at all times. Liaison and training via product owners will be a necessary part of this with a proactive approach required at all times. Observation of classes and hands-on experience of the products is required.
- Acquire and maintain an excellent level of pricing, discounting, and offer/product knowledge at all times. Liaison and training via sales and business managers will be required. A proactive approach, including input and feedback from frontline customer experience, is expected.
Database Management & Record Keeping
- Maintain and update all databases and reports in a timely and accurate manner
Sales & Marketing Support
- Participate and/or provide sales support in all sales and marketing events (in or out of the centre) to create awareness and generate leads for the centre
- To be proficient in using relevant systems, such as online booking system, Live Chat, CRM, and TCMS to ensure the smooth operation of the Teaching Centre.
- to comply with the Standing Operating Procedures (SOP) as per the job requirement
- work effectively with all different teams to enable knowledge sharing of best practices and suggest improvements to the customer journey
- any other duties in support of the teams operation, as designated by the Line Manager
- attendance at regular professional development, training, and skills programmes as required
- full engagement with the performance management programme monitor own personal performance and deliver against team KPIs
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- 1-year experience in sales and/or customer service, preferably in the services industry
- Relevant understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Pay Band: 4 / Grade H
Contract Type: Indefinite Local Contract
Location: Damansara, Malaysia
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the country in which the role is based.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Diploma/Degree in any discipline
Closing Date: Monday, 13 November 2023- 23:59 Malaysia Time (GMT +8)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.