Job title: Supply Chain Officer
Employment Category: H
Reporting to: Base Manager
Direct reports: -
Unit/department: Support Services Supply Chain
Location: Um Dukhun
Authorization level: -
DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004, delivering life-saving programming in protection, emergency response, shelter, food security and livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, camp management, and humanitarian mine action. DRC has implemented projects in Central Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Gedaref, Kassala, White Nile, Al-Jazeera State and Khartoum states.
The overall purpose of the role:
The Supply officer's main objective is to provide support in the Supply Chain department in efficient and effective Logistics implementation and smooth running of departmental operations of the Central Darfur (Um Dukhun) office with an emphasis on Support, logistics/procurement staff and functions including implementation of DRC Dynamics. The role is expected to contribute to strengthening the overall supply chain functions. This position will also ensure the implementation of audit recommendations related to logistics and procurement.
He/She will be expected to assist with procurement, warehouse, assets, general equipment and fleet management for the Central Darfur (Um Dukhun) office so that all logistics operations are managed and maintained efficiently as per DRCs internal and donor procedures & as per the Operations Handbook.
Ensure that all orders are tracked from the point of planning and request through to final receipt.
Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services.
Lead evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in the selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
Lead the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and ascertain the items' conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Perform Procurement support functions such as collecting quotes and putting together basic procurement documents such as requisitions and bid matrices.
- Lead the procurement process to ensure timely, cost-effective and adequate delivery of commodities and services to support operational needs
- Communicating with all related actors (vendors, warehousing, and programme staff) on procurement progression, facilitating internal and external coordination.
- Have a leading role in ensuring compliance with DRCs procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
- Lead and facilitate market assessments when needed and update market records with prices on goods and services requested for programmatic activities.
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
- Ensure appropriate archiving (hard copy and electronic filling) is maintained for all procurement files.
- Maintain an updated suppliers registration record accompanied by all necessary documentation as per DRC regulations.
- Provide capacity building to SC Assistant(s), Programme Staff and National Partners staff in Supply Chain processes.
- Identify new suppliers and ensure these are vetted according to the DRC vetting process.
- Carry out regular monitoring and review of the DRC suppliers list and ensure all vetted vendors maintain valid documentation and quality standards over time.
- Support the Support Services Team Leader and the Area Manager in filling donors assets reports, reports to the authorities and other ad-hoc reports relevant to the Supply Chain department.
- Perform any other SC-related task as requested by the Base Manager and the Area Manager.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the Operations Handbook.
- Coordinate with the program and perform the right sizing of fleet exercises.
- Ensure an effective fleet management practice in DRC, especially for the service contract vehicles for all country
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the Operations Handbook on asset management.
- Prepare monthly comprehensive on Inventory/Assets, compile all reports and provide to SCM in Khartoum
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the Operations Handbook on inventory and warehouse management.
- Organize training for program staff and warehouse staff on stock ownership, stock management, release and accountability of stock return etc.
- Provide monthly comprehensive country reports on warehouse inventory to SCM (list and stock value in hand).
Transportation of goods, equipment and programme inputs:
- Arrange with the Team, to receive/transport goods from the site to the final/other destinations in a good timely manner.
- Keep track and update cargo status and shipments.
- Review and check transportation reports/ Waybills
Experience and technical competencies:
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience and in-depth knowledge of the context (local market) in South Kordofan
Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
Excellent IT skills and experience in operating an ERP supply chain system will be considered an advantage
Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
Advanced English proficiency
Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRCs core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct about DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
Striving for excellence
Taking the lead
Find the definition of DRCs Core competencies here
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- All DRC Sudan staff
Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
Advanced: I can work independently at a full professional level.
Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.