About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for a National Post (with Local salary scale) of the Peer Educator within the GIZ funded project Social cohesion of people on the move and local population in Serbia. The objective of the project is to support social participation of people on the move and local population in the Republic of Serbia though improvement of the work and life skills of people on the move and local population in host communities and through strengthening social interaction and social participation.
Position: Peer Educator (part time position 20 classes (each 45 minutes) in the period of 4 months)
Period of engagement: 4 months (November and December 2023, March and April 2024)- part time position 20 classes (each 45 minutes)
Basic functions: The role of the Peer Educator is to work with the DRC team during the implementation of the project Social cohesion of people on the move and local population in Serbia and to design and conduct Information and awareness campaigns in schools with DRC Senior Protection/Community Officer. The information and awareness campaign is aiming to change the perceptions, educate and strengthen tolerance of the local community. It will be facilitated through a 45 minute class/workshop facilitated in educational institutions on the territory of the municipalities of Sid and Obrenovac for students and teachers/personnel. In total, 20 classes/workshops are planned to be organised during November and December 2023 and March and April 2024. In order for the Peer Educator's personal story to become part of the curriculum, this person should be from the population of people on the move with a regulated legal status in the Republic of Serbia. In order to bring t personal story closer to the target group, the Peer Educator should be a young (up to 26 years of age) motivated person, so that primary and secondary school students can more easily connect with the exposed content, which achieves a greater opportunity for the development of tolerance and facilitates the promotion of social cohesion and multicultural society.
Reference:The Peer Educator refers directly to the Program Manager and works in close cooperation with the Project staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To design and implement Information and awareness campaigns in schools;
- To participate in the preparation of the curriculum to be used during the Information and awareness campaigns in schools;
- To collect data on participants [IM1]of each class/workshop;
- To maintain the required program documentation.
- To report to the DRC team on the progress of the campaign, as well as on possible risks/difficulties in the implementation.
- To take care of the engagement of all participants so that they get an equal chance for participation.
- Identify and respond appropriately to safeguarding and protection issues with vulnerable beneficiaries per need;
- Works collaboratively with other project staff and participate in staff meetings;
- Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
Qualifications & experience required
- Completion of the training conducted for Peer educators by DRC, Ideas and CRPC as UNHCR partners.
- Experience on refugee/migration related issues would be an asset;
- Driving licence, active driver;
Skills and Work Experience:
- Experience in workshop facilitation with the local population, but also with the population of people on the move.
- Familiar with the methods of workshop work.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player;
- Problem solving, analytical and writing skills, with the ability to produce reports for internal and external use;
- Fluency in spoken Serbian;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Type of contract: National.
- Start date: November 2023
- Duty station:Belgrade
- Closing Date for Application: 3 November 2023
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRCs vision and values.
[IM1]To je previse otvoreno, kopje data??? Ako si mislila na participants list, to ne bih ni naglasavala