|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Posting End Date||13/11/2023|
Purpose of Job
The Analyst contributes to all or any phases of the project cycle within the Trade Facilitation Programme (TFP), including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring.The Analyst may assist more senior TFP bankers in business/pipeline development and/or client relationship management.The Analyst will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to him/her by the operation leader or a more senior banker, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring. The Analyst carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of a more senior banker.The role of the Analyst is to contribute, as a project team member, to all or any stages of the project cycle within the TFP. Under the guidance of the operation leader and/or more senior bankers, the Analyst performs those tasks assigned to him/her and provides support to the operation leader and the project team throughout the project cycle, with a particular emphasis on business development, client relationship management and utilisation and monitoring of the TFP facilities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Assist the operation leader or a more senior banker, as required, with business development efforts
- Assist the Head of TFP or operation leader in managing client relationships within an assigned geographical area to ensure the development of trade finance
- Work on transactions within the TFP, including all aspects of transaction structuring and execution, including background checks; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed transactions
- Communicate with other internal units of the Bank and clients, at the operational level at all or any stages of the project cycle within the TFP
- Support the operation leader or a more senior banker with origination and establishment of the TFP facilities, including tasks related to due diligence and drafting of specific assigned portions of Bank documents and correspondence
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to the Analyst are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank
- Support the operation leader or a more senior banker in the development and monitoring of TFP-related TC projects, including preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation, to ensure the know-how transfer supplements the utilisation of the TFP facilities
- As requested by the operation leader or a more senior banker, undertake assigned tasks related to the monitoring of projects within the TFP, including checks of the transaction-specific documents to ensure compliance with the TFP agreements and related Bank procedures
- Research, analyse and provide background information on developments on the international trade finance market, market trends, legal developments, etc
Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree. Masters degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise
- High customer orientation and strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proven analytical skills, strong numerical and financial skills, with ability to interpret financial information
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office packages
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to tight deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Good command over the local/country language is an advantage
- Relevant commercial work experience, including knowledge of trade finance
- Ability to operate sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.