Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
The position provides project management in the implementation of the Healthy Village project-integrated WASH, Food and Nutrition Security incorporating Climate Resilient Agriculture in accordance with Plan’s Child Cemented Community Development (CCCD approach. He/she ensure that quality project deliveries are reflected within the entire project cycle and that all field program implementation is undertaken efficiently and effectively. The position holder technically works closely with the Healthy Village Manager, field level officers/coordinators, CDFs and supports the programme terms to ensure proactive engagement in the area of networking and collaboration, learning and knowledge management within the broader organization and with other partner organization. The position is subject to donor approval.
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- First degree in Social science, Agriculture, Marketing, economics, Rural Development or related fields
- Minimum 5 years for BSc with relevant field experience in economic empowerment works under INTEGRTAED WASH, FOOD & Nutrition projects focusing on sanitation, nutrition marketing.
- Technical experience and knowledge in the area of VESA/VSLA: Village Saving and Loan Association, Youth Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment, Youth Innovative Program.
- Proven understanding of microenterprise / small business development and VESA/VSLA approaches.
- Skills or training in basic bookkeeping or financial literacy is desirable.
- Prior experience working with local governments and stakeholders in implementation of projects, including hands-on community mobilization skills.
- Experience working with local NGOs and partners in the implementation of programmes and support in institutional development.
- Good knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning.
- Assist in building good relations with national authorities, international organizations, donor governments and other organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large team of national staff at different levels.
- Strong documentation and information management skills.
- Good analytical, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work under pressure.
- Good in written and spoken English.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Master’s degree in Social science, Agriculture, Marketing, economics, Rural Development or related fields
- Minimum 5 years for BSc & 2 years for MSc holders with relevant field experience in economic empowerment works under INTEGRTAED WASH, FOOD & Nutrition projects focusing on sanitation, nutrition marketing.
- · Fluency in the English language is essential
- · Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Please click here to review the Job Description:Link
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Location: TPA - Mekelle
Type of Role: Healthy Village Project Coordinator
Reports to: PAM
Closing Date: November 1, 2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.