Requisition ID: req46279
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant-Procurement
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee, one of the worlds largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 40 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopias Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), womens protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Supply Chain Assistant-Procurement is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRCs office. The position holder will procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. You will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures and donor-specific policies.
- Assist SCO-Procurement in the Tendering Processes of documentation and filling processes.
- Implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Maintain industry best practices for pharmaceutical product sourcing and contracting.
- Involve in pharmaceutical purchasing, including medication procurement, inventory control processes, and contracting.
- Effectively and continually maintain open lines of communication with staff, and customers to facilitate the flow of relevant information.
- Collaborate with other pharmacy teams (country Pharmacists and pharmacist specialists) on pharmaceutical product conversions.
- Assist with Pharmacy performance improvement and quality control programs.
- Maintain knowledge of, and expertise in, leading-edge developments and innovative approaches to pharmacy supply chain management by participation in ongoing independent study, education-related professional activities, and affiliations.
- Provide procurement services in Addis Ababa. Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered on time.
- Maintain ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure procurement documents softcopy scanned and uploaded on Box drive and well filled per grant.
- Ensuring timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation is actioned.
- Ensure frequent updating of BvA system and clear up any pending issues from the BvA system in a proper manner.
- Support the SCO with procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by the supervisors.
- work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement) particularly pharmaceutical.
- BA/BSC Degree in Supply Chain, Pharmacy, Business Administration, Financial Accounting or a related field
Preferred experience & skills:
- 1 year of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement) particularly pharmaceutical
- Experience working with NGOs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
Fluent in writing and speaking English and speaking local language is preferable