With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Develop and implement Annual Resilience and livelihood work plan Develop and implement Annual Resilience and livelihood work plan
- Annual work plan for R&L in place which aligns with Economic Development Technical Approach / Department Plan and supports AP activities.
Ensure Resilience and Livelihoods activities are integrated and support other WVM sectors
- Develop guidelines for integration of Resilience and Livelihoods intervention activities with other key ministry sectors, i.e. child protection, health, CBOs, savings and loan associations, economic development.
- Work with other Technical Specialists to ensure integration of livelihood activities
- Develop livelihoods and business related technical training manuals and provide awareness training to WV staff and PIU/ producer group members for improving crops and livestock production and in marketing of the produce for better production quantity and quality toward increasing income for the beneficiaries participating in the implementation of livelihood program.
- Ensure APs understand and implement integrated Livelihood activities
- Ensure that all livelihood intervention activities are implemented according to the WV Core Project Models (S4T, EWV, UPG, BSL, LVCD, FMNR)
- Support the livelihoods related technical training of APs staff and community mobilizers and the development of new PIU/ producer groups by them
Provide technical support and capacity building to Area Program, Project staff, PIU/ Producer Groups leaders and members
- Develop technical training packages for standardized livelihood project models and activities packages and approaches
- Technical training provided to Zonal and field-level staff for key resilience and livelihood interventions
- Coach and mentor for resilience and livelihood technical areas to focal livelihood DFOs, community mobilizers/ agents in APs under assigned Zonal areas
- Support the implementation of resilience and livelihoods activities at the community-level in accordance with WV livelihood core project models
Assist in the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation of Economic Development projects
- Assist Design Monitoring and Evaluation Department and Grant Acquisition Department staff to develop high quality resilience and livelihood proposals and programme designs for submission to Support Offices and Donors
- Provide technical assistance for evaluations of resilience and livelihood projects
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to projects to help improve quality implementation
- Collaborate and contribute to developing a standardized reporting system for resilience and livelihood align with the WV core project models and reporting tools.
Networks strengthened with relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with key government, non-governmental organizations and UN-agencies for shared learning, facilitation of joint implementation and leveraging of benefits from similar interventions
- Work with East Asia Regional Office and Global Centre livelihood colleagues to obtain updates and relevant technical support
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum 2 years of livelihoods experience
- Minimum of 2 years working in cross-sectoral teams
- Experience with livelihoods sector intervention activities (Crops production)
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Agriculture Science.
- Knowledge of livelihood research methods
- Knowledge of financial products
- Technical skills in group formation and community engagement in Myanmar, rural areas
- Knowledge of community-based organizations and processes
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in team building and cross-sectoral collaboration
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office programmes, i.e. word, excel, internet
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only