Requisition ID: req46267
Job Title: Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Officer - (Afghan Nationals Only )
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Herat, Afghanistan
Work Arrangement: In-person
- Conducts training workshops as directed by the ERD technical supervisor.
- Identify together with community potential natural disasters and climate shock.
- Consults prerequisite activities to reduce disaster risks and climate shock.
- Plans and conducts climate smart agriculture and DRR awareness programs for the CBDRM and CSA committees.
- Establish Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) and Climate smart Agriculture committees on village and district level.
- Conduct DRR and CSA training with communities.
- Providing capacity building awareness to communities about Climate shock and disaster.
- Analyse situation of communities for potential natural disasters and climate shocks.
- Identifies shortcomings in training and recommends changes in order to customize training programs to suit regional and cultural requirements.
- Contributes towards the development and monitoring of the training.
- Studies situation in the provinces end up with a potential list to risks occurring in the provinces/districts targeted by the project.
- Studies situation for each of the villages/communities about climate shock and disaster.
- Identifies type and severity of risks to enable the personnel to prepare for their approach towards the communities.
- Identify the size of the communities and the size of the village; it could be well possible that the inclusion of the community members in the CBDRM/CSA is more than what the project covers.
- Creates awareness with the elders and see if there is a need for the DRR/CSA approach
- Organizes a small workshop to analyse the situation, after the need is severe enough (as identified by community), tries to cover all the forms that are required.
- Participate in each of technical working group meeting at provincial level and present the IRC to all meeting participants.
- Collection of information about disaster and climate shock and sharer with ERD manager.
- Participate in each event of the project (distribution survey etc..
- Creation and establishment of CBDRM and CSA committees.
- Any other task given the supervisor.
- University Graduated (Agriculture)
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Training skills, encouraging skill, communication skill
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
Compliance with Policies
- Compliance with the IRC WAY (our standards for professional conduct) is a responsibility shared by all involved in delivering on the IRCs mission. We must abide by the IRC Way and Safeguarding Policies all the time.
- The IRC has zero tolerance approach to the IRC Code of Conduct including safeguarding violations being committed by its staff, consultants, contractors, volunteers, interns, suppliers, vendors, sub-grantees/partners, implementing partners or any other associate.