Requisition ID: req46268
Job Title: Site Engineer Officer - Male - ( Afghan Nationals Only )
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Herat, Afghanistan
Work Arrangement: In-person
- Collect enters and analysis his/her team necessary community technical assessment.
- Follow up of community work with labours for ensuring of work done on community.
- Having proper documentation and soft entry of all estimations and analytical measurement for project.
- Support team in case of required.
- Visit sites to observe environmental problems, to consult with contractors/daily labor and monitor construction activities.
- Design agricultural Water Pond, Traces, and water storages in dry and drought effected communities.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Conduct training about water management to WUC.
- Conduct educational programs that provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity.
- Select best and as per project criteria area for cash for work
- Plan and direct construction of rural water distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
- Conduct regular Meet with clients, such as district or regional councils, farmers, and developers, to discuss their needs.
- Supervise and record day to day construction activities.
- Participate external and internal meeting.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
- University Graduate in Engineering with reputed universities
- 2-3 relevant, experience with INGOs will be preferred.
- Training skills, encouraging skill, communication skill
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
Compliance with Policies
- Compliance with the IRC WAY (our standards for professional conduct) is a responsibility shared by all involved in delivering on the IRCs mission. We must abide by the IRC Way and Safeguarding Policies all the time.
- The IRC has zero tolerance approach to the IRC Code of Conduct including safeguarding violations being committed by its staff, consultants, contractors, volunteers, interns, suppliers, vendors, sub-grantees/partners, implementing partners or any other associate.