With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
- Building relationships, broker and facilitator within HHs/Village communities & Local partners
- Build Community & Partners capacity in project management
- Building Capacity for the disaster risk reduction and response activities in the communities.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports and conduct performance reviews
- Communicate World Visions Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Sponsorship in Development
- Facilitate sponsorship integration in all projects and ensure community awareness on children rights, Advocasy and child protection.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of Sponsorship in Programming (SIP)
Design, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitate implementation of community development plans (DIP) consistent with technical programmes, budgetary allocation and within the set timeline
- Facilitate project reflections to determine impact of the activities on the targeted population and adherence to standards by conducting regular meetings with the community and give timely appropriate advice
- Facilitate projects Assessments, Design, Monitoring and Evaluation activities in line with WVS standards
- Collaborate with government departments, churches, community, other NGOs involved in rural development to enhance program implementation and long term sustainability of community projects
- Formulate proposals for the Area program for supplementing and increase the resource base for programming
- Conduct performance management for direct reports submit report periodically
- Send relevant copies to insurers and to patients Doctor and retail file copies
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Degree in Community Development, or any other related field .
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 yrs in Community Development and facilitation
- Preferred: Experience in NGO added advantage & or Degree in Agriculture, Education, Health and Nutrition, Project Management, Community Development, HIV/AIDS Management from a recognized institution
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Self Driven
- Team builder and player
- Creative, innovative with strong planning and supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision
- Team player who is detail-oriented
- Ability to function in a cross cultural environment.
- Comfortable Working and knowledgeable of MS Office and Lotus Notes
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Cluster-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 40 - 70% Domestic travel is required.
On call: 100%
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only