We are the largest nonprofitfighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world. Founded on a simple premise: people everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances, should have the chance to live healthy, productive lives. We believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve.We provide an exceptional benefits package to employees and their families which include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with no premiums, generous paid time off, paid family leave, foundation-paid retirement contribution, regional holidays, and opportunities to engage in several employee communities.As a workplace, were committed to creating an environment for you to thrive both personally and professionally.
The vision for the foundations US education work is to ensure that all students in the US have access to educational opportunities, from Pre-K to postsecondary, that enable them to develop the knowledge, skills, and agency needed thrive as adults and contribute to their communities. Within K-12 education, the foundation focuses on math and given the opportunity gaps specifically focuses on growing the number of Black and Latino students and students from low-income backgrounds (priority students) who are prepared for and complete Algebra 1 by the 9th grade, so they can be ready and able to progress through higher level math in high school and beyond.
The foundation strives to improve math education in this country by increasing the quality of instructional materials so that they are more motivating and engaging for students particularly priority students and ensuring that teachers have high-quality supports to use those materials well. Our investments reach nationally, but we also focus within four states: California, Florida, New York, and Texas given the large populations of priority students in those states.
As the Analyst for K-12 Research and Data, you will offer highly responsive research and data analytics support to meet needs across the K-12 strategy and maintain key research and data infrastructure for the strategy. To enable those activities, you will be deeply familiar with the strategys data sources, evidence base, and key areas of inquiry. You will work closely with members of the K-12 Strategy and Learning sub-team to identify needs and prioritize projects over time. In this 2-year LTE role, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the operations of a large, national foundation; network with staff and partners with expertise in K-12 education; and deepen your skills and experience to support your next career move.
This position is a limited-term position for 24 months. Relocation will be provided to Seattle or Washington D.C.
What Youll Do
PROVIDE RESEARCH AND DATA ANALYTICS SUPPORT (70%)
- Work with members of the Strategy and Learning sub-teams to identify and prioritize research and data analytics support needs
- Facilitate research and data supports in a timely manner in alignment with audience and application
- Ensure approach to providing research and data analytics support is aligned with K-12 wide approaches to equitable measurement, learning, and evaluation
MAINTAIN STRATEGY RESEARCH AND DATA INFRASTRUCTURE (25%)
- Support ongoing maintenance of K-12 strategys common evidence base and data infrastructure (backend and frontend) to ensure content is up to date and usable to advise decision-making and advance equity goals
- Work with members of the Strategy and Learning sub-teams to implement improvements to research and data infrastructure to increase usability, efficiency, and alignment with equity approaches
CAREER EXPLORATION AND DEVELOPMENT (5%)
- Work on projects that allow deepening of skills and experience in areas of interest and benefit to the K-12 strategys work
- Through a relevant credential or prior experience, proven proficiency in searching for, identifying, organizing, and synthesizing relevant research evidence, including the ability to identify key methodological and statistical features (e.g., research design, effect sizes)
- Through a relevant credential or prior experience, proven fluency in data organization, basic analysis (e.g., cross-tabs, descriptive statistics), and communication of data for non-expert audiences in written and graphical formats
- Experience maintaining technology-based research and data infrastructure (e.g., citation manager system, databases, data visualization platforms); strong preference for experience with Python and R.
- Curiosity about and dedication to equitable evaluation approaches
Prioritization and time management
- Expertise in optimally prioritizing across simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Expertise in proactive time management with the ability to identify and communicate potential challenges with capacity
Managing complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to clearly synthesize and communicate complex information
- Ability to self-direct and make recommendations for an approach when project approach or deadlines are uncertain
- Entrepreneurial approach, with the ability to identify unstated needs and create plans to address them
The typical salary range for this role is $73,400 to $136,500 USD. The exact offer will be determined by a variety of factors such as the candidates individual skills, qualifications, and experience relative to the requirements of the role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request here.
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We strive for a global and cultural workplace that supports ever greater diversity, equity, and inclusion of voices, ideas, and approaches and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.