With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide overall leadership and management of the Grants by promoting financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information to be used by senior management for decision-making.
To develop and implement financial policies, ensuring compliance at all levels, and to ensure effective resource acquisition, utilization and safeguarding of assets according to World Vision and Donor approved policies and procedures.
(Accountabilities and results)
Strategic Financial planning and management :
- Provide overall finance management leadership in the implementation of the Global Fund.
- Provide strong leadership at the provincial level where the grant is being implemented in monitoring and management in line with WVI and GF policies and frameworks, working collaboratively with provincial grant staff
- Provide technical assistance as required for sub recipients as well as WV project implementation so as to ensure compliance with policies, standards and benchmarks determined through Donor guidelines or policy
- Provide timely Budget/expenditure management information appropriate for informed decision making required to assure effective resource management
- Manage the cash flow, bank reconciliation, fund forecasting and PUDR submission processes for the PR implementation unit and technical support to sub recipients to do so on behalf of the grant to ensure the minimization of currency losses.
- Participate in financial capacity assessment of the potential partners for sub grantees as well collaborate selection process; assist the partners project planning and budgeting; engage in the development of agreements with the partners; and consolidate partners budget to WV project budget.
- Assist in the budget preparation process for any new proposals for the continuation of the grant
- Liaise with all SRs on financial matters
Promote financial accountability and reporting
- Conduct technical reviews to check for policy and standards compliance for SR transactions as well as WV provincial transactions, particularly high value ones
- Ensure that SR financial information is submitted within agreed time lines for the consolidated PFR process which is timely , accurate and complete
- Assist in the production of the consolidated financial report (PUDR) for grant and ensure that the report is disseminated timely to all the users of financial information
- Conduct appropriate Financial Analysis for SRs monthly and three monthly to ensure compliance conformity to all WV Mozambiques internal and partnership requirements as well as Donor requirements
- Review and analyze partners financial reports; and assist with necessary amendments on partners financial reports.
- Ensure that review of variance reports is done before consolidation and sending to donor and SO
- Consolidated and submit to LFA PUDR (semiannually) & EFR (annually)
- Provide response and information requested by LFA & GF
- Ensure CAL charges are aligned to donor approved rates
Cost efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure Support Cost is carefully analyzed and recorded accurately to the Grant.
- Promotes value for money on all project transactions.
- Actively participates in Procurement Committee meetings and ensures wise stewardship of the project resources.
- Promotes mantra of waste avoidance.
Risk Management and Controls
- Ensure the effective and efficient operation of basic and sound internal controls across the SRs as well as WV project implementation so as to help ensure that there are no significant audit results for the grant project
- Conduct field visits to SRs and reviews to ensure that resource utilization is in conformity with the organizational and donor policies and regulations
- Perform Risk Assessments and Evaluations as well as develop in collaboration with the Risk Management Team and NO Finance Leadership, appropriate field level risk management plans that will ensure risks are minimized.
- Implement the finance related audit recommendations applicable to the grant and ensure that financial records and backup documentation are ready for internal and external audits and works closely with external auditors to answer any queries.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors for all grant audit preparations and queries
- Assist partners to identify the areas for improvements on internal control systems to carry out the activities as per agreements; and support to develop internal control system/manual as required.
- Lead the teams in clearing audit findings and implement audit recommendations on time
- Assess Capacity gaps and training needs for all Sub Recipient staff and WV project staff
- Provide guidance to field teams and SRs in the development and implementation of all context specific capacity building programs
- Conduct financial training for SR based on approved plans, budgets and needs.
- Conduct the orientation/induction of new staff in the accounting and financial management of the grant
Leadership & Management
- Develop good networks and relationships with internal and external level stakeholders as a key strategic business partners including SRs, donor and LFA.
- Participate in grant management meetings and specific strategic meetings
- Collaborate with P&C in the recruitment of grant Finance staff
- Provide technical guidance to finance officers, accountants at all levels in the implementation of various financial policies to ensure compliance with partnership standards
- Attend daily devotions and support spiritual development of her team.
- Assist partners to identify their financial learning needs referring partner financial capacity assessment results.
- Conduct technical appraisal as well as development plans for the project finance staff in conjunction with the Project director
- Develop annual and monthly work plans for Project Finance Staff and monitor their performance to ensure that targets are being met.
- Develop good networks and relationships with other Global Fund (Donor), Local Fund Agent (LFA) and other National Offices implementing GF Projects that result in good stewardship of resources and good value for money.
- In collaboration with the Finance Director work closely with WVUS, Banks and local partners to promote effective networks that result is efficiency in project implementation.
- Participate in management/ Leadership team meetings and represent Grants finance department.
- Provide leadership to the grants team and ensure smooth running efficient delivery of services.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents mission, core values, and covenant of partnership, ensure implementation of new partnership initiatives involving grant Finance.
- Conduct staff appraisals and monitor staff performance.
- Attend daily devotions and support spiritual development of his/her team.
Sub-grantees and Partner Management
- Liaise and meet with the partners/sub-grantees for new proposal/new agreements made to ensure the initial process complies with the grant/non-sponsorship requirements.
- Review financial reports from partners/sub-grantees.
- Design performance monitoring/management standards for finance teams and ensure the policies and procedures for the donor are understand for finance team in Sub-grantees/partners.
- Conduct sub- grantee/partnership Financial and Internal control assessment before awarding and signing partnership agreements. (Pre-award assessments)
- Assist with external audit management and implementation of audit recommendations
- Facilitate in inductions for new employees on Finance aspects.
- Plan and conduct Grants training sessions for partners and staff.
- Provide a technical and professional financial support to the day-to-day running of the project activities.
Finance and Accounting Responsibilities
- Provide means and techniques of achieving previously established plans through financial reports reviews/analysis, production of management accounting reports and offering technical backstop on the financial and administration functions of the National Office:
- Design Financial Reports specific to donor requirements as well as meeting World Vision standards
- Produce management accounting reports to help Grant/Project Managers to make informed decisions as well as help in the planning process,
- Ensure that bank reconciliation statements for the NO bank accounts are prepared on a monthly basis,
- Analyze all over and under expenditures to enable stakeholders to know the performance of their projects and advise on corrective action to be taken,
- Carry out monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the programs and National office,
- Ensure that all financial operations within the program area and National office adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and WV financial policies and guidelines and the most effective and efficient means are pursued,
- Prepare and submit budgets timely as per WV standards (e.g. LEAP guidelines),ensure that systems of internal controls for the NO are put in place and produce internal control reports Co-ordinate funding forecasts and requests for the National Office,
- Ensure all payments are disbursed regularly and timely, Ensure that the GL is reconciled on a monthly basis
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only