|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Division||Operations & Service Management|
|Contract Type||Short Term|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Posting End Date||06/11/2023|
Purpose of Job
The Principal, PODD Consultancy Services is responsible for the provision of high quality and consistent professional advice on all aspects of PODD procurement to Sector teams of the Bank. The role develops and maintains effective relationships and communication with key stakeholders and guides / advises more junior team members to ensure appropriate and high quality service delivery.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Taking the procurement lead in multi-disciplinary teams established to develop and deliver long-term (minimum a year) operational and commercial strategies, enabling optimal outcomes through advice and structured project support;
- Leading negotiations and drafting contracts and agreements, including management and resolution of issues arising from project implementation.
- Drafting market data, spend analysis and other procurement reporting for the Associate Director, PODD Consultancy Services, summarizing the analyses in a coherent and comprehensive manner, aligned to particular operational and / or strategic objectives;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships and communication with key stakeholders across the Bank, proactively seeking out opportunities with all levels of management to inform and endorse the rationale for changes that support the further improvement of the PODD activity;
- Contributing proactively to the planning of procurement projects and the development procurement strategy to ensure the continuous improvement of the outcomes achieved.
- Driving change in the PODD Consultancy Services team to ensure the on-going alignment of operational and procurement objectives;
- Identifying opportunities for improvement of the PODD activity, drafting recommendations to the Associate Director, PODD Consultancy Services, the Director and senior stakeholders for new procurement strategies, projects or practices that will facilitate further enhancement of PODD activity at the Bank;
- Representing the Bank in key external professional opportunities, as required, using the knowledge gained to inform further enhancements or development of the Banks PODD Policy, Procedures and / or strategies;
- Directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff including recruitment, compensation (as agreed with the Head of Department, if applicable), performance management, coaching and development.
- Champion and role model the Banks Behavioral Competencies and Corporate Behaviors, ensuring adherence within the team(s) so that the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct are exhibited at all times.
- Expertise in Contract negotiations particularly legal clauses to protect EBRDs interest.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualified or equivalent.
- Proven procurement understanding and experience of the global consultancy market for technical assistance, its key players on both the demand (MDBs, bilateral aid agencies, governments etc.) and supply side (consultancy associations etc.) and their issues and concerns.
- Experience in contract matters, including negotiation and contract award of consultancy services in an international environment and ability to lead negotiations and make judgement calls;
- Experienced manager of complex procurement projects and the development procurement strategies;
- Sound background in the development and implementation of effective procurement processes in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Experience of and expertise in the development of market and expenditure analyses, making recommendations to management and implementing associated projects; and experience of proactive engagement in on-going change management programs.
- Good knowledge of design, management and monitoring for results of TC programs (e.g. EU Log-frame, OECD Managing for Development Results or similar frameworks);
- Good knowledge of the Bank and/or other MDBs procurement policies, rules and procedures for the selection and engagement of consultants;
- Good knowledge of EBRD Banking projects and technical assistance programs.Excellent and proven internal and external stakeholder engagement skills;
- Good knowledge of contract law;
- Excellent skills in organizing, scheduling, planning and coordinating work with a high degree of initiative and judgement, reliability, resourcefulness and flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and set priorities;
- Numeric and Concern for Accuracy proven numeric ability with the capacity to ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality in work delivered is essential;
- Results Orientation self-motivated individual able to set goals and priorities with a good sense of time management and the ability to re-organize workload when faced with changing priorities;
- Communication Skills ability to communicate confidently and assertively at all levels, both in written and verbal formats.
- Proven report writing and drafting skills
- Interpersonal Skills able to understand, respect and respond appropriately using tact, patience and diplomacy to other peoples behavior, concerns and motives. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with discretion;
- Team Player committed to supporting the achievements of the Units mission and objectives and the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals. The ability to build effective, cooperative relationships with immediate team members to foster an efficient approach;
- Autonomy experience of working independently and scheduling own work
- Displaying initiative
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.