With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Water Quality Assurance, Laboratory Management, and Infrastructure Oversight:
- Supervise and perform comprehensive water quality assessments for potable and black water sources, ensuring compliance with Sphere Standards.
- Maintain and calibrate testing equipment and instruments.
- Analyze and interpret test results, identifying deviations or concerns.
- Efficiently manage the daily operations of the water testing laboratory.
- Ensure the availability of essential testing resources.
- Uphold rigorous safety protocols in the laboratory.
- Stay current on environmental regulations and water quality standards.
- Ensure strict compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Collaborate with other departments to enhance quality.
- Plan, design, implement, and monitor WASH infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Team Lead and the WASH Specialist for project activities.
- Develop and maintain clear, updated weekly work schedules.
- Supervise and inspect contractor work, providing regular progress reports.
- Develop and manage plans for natural resource conservation and innovative water access solutions.
- Review and validate project documents.
- Prepare procurement requests and oversee procurements.
- Conduct field visits for data validation.
- Ensure project implementation aligns with SOPs and donor requirements.
- Define material and construction testing requirements.
- Develop specifications and interpret results.
- Design systems for water, wastewater, or soil quality.
- Assist in developing project proposals.
- Continuously update Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for project delivery.
- Compliance with Sphere Standards in water quality assessments.
- Properly maintained and calibrated testing equipment.
- Timely identification and resolution of deviations or concerns.
- Strict adherence to laboratory safety protocols.
- Effective and efficient daily laboratory operations.
- Availability and management of essential resources.
- Stringent adherence to regulations and standards.
- Consistent process improvements and optimization
- All Infrastructure interventions are designed in line with international and local best practices.
- Complete technical project documentation including calculations, BOQs, specifications, quality plans, method statements and drawings are in place.
- Sound proposal solutions responding to needs as assessed.
- Plans are in place and updated regularly to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Monitoring and tracking tools are in place and being used to ensure progress tracking.
- Necessary approvals are secured.
- Quality Infrastructure is implemented within the planned project timeframe and budget.
- Correct payment orders are produced.
Coordination, Information Management and Reporting
- Maintain a daily report and track daily progress.
- Record and manage detailed testing procedures and results.
- Share findings with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate and well-managed infrastructure data that reflects on-ground reality.
- Validate data accuracy and infrastructure quality.
- Submit regular reports, including technical progress reports.
- Prepare and request approvals for change orders.
- Coordinate activities among consultants, contractors, and stakeholders.
- Well-managed and clear databases are being used to plan, monitor, and modify the interventions.
- Data is archived properly.
- Good relationships are maintained with the respective stakeholders.
Perform other duties as required
- Attend Services related meetings with sector, donors, and local authorities.
- Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
- Attend and participate in WVLs spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
- Act responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Report CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in water quality testing, laboratory management, and infrastructure works including water, sanitation, health a/o waste management.
- Experience in NGOs, preferably in informal settlements involving assessments, implementation, budgeting, reporting, evaluation and monitoring.
- Ability to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office) and to professionally use AutoCAD and ArcGIS.
- Ability to write professional technical and narrative reports.
- Independent, self-starter, creative and able to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to manage data effectively.
- Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Has strong knowledge of core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, as well as SPHERE standards.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical Engineer, Water Engineer, Civil and Environmental engineer or equivalent
- Driving License.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of providing WASH infrastructures in emergency settings.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English and Arabic).
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- 50% office work 50% field work
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
- Field visits are an essential part of the job.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only