With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
TheZonalProgrammeManagerprovidesstrategicleadershipanddaytodaymanagementtoallthefieldprogramminginthetheassignedzone tosupportWorldVisionstrategicprioritiesandimperatives,toensurethatdesignatedgoalsandobjectivesoftheWVI,donorsandtargeted population are met.TheZPMleadstheassignedzonal programteaminthedevelopment,effectiveimplementationtheprojects,oversightand evaluationofallprogramingwithemphasisonprogrammeintegration,resourceacquisitionandqualitycontrolaswellasstaffdevelopment.
TheZonalProgramManagerwillserveasthefield-levelrepresentativeforallWorldVisionprograms,ensuringcoordinationand information-sharing mechanisms are in place.
Ensure Operational Effectiveness
- Manage a portfolio of multi-sector programs to ensuring timely, on-target, within budget, and meeting the highest quality reporting standards;
- Ensure that adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures are in place and are being followed
- Support field offices to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at field level, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant humanitarian actors
- Semi-annual learning and review meetings conducted with the government and other stakeholders
- Ensure projects and the zonal office have adequate financial, asset management and fleet to facilitate project implementation.
- Support with timely staffing for projects
- Support context monitoring to identify opportunities
- Develop a culture of Excellence with regards to the planning and implementations
Ensure Safe and Secure Working Environment
- Ensure security and risk mitigation measures are in place and in use
- Ensure adherence to Core Security Requirements
- Ensure that staff have the necessary tools to complete the tasks as assigned to them, including, but not limited to, communications tools such as telephones, radios, and internet access
- Ensure that staff housing is safe and fulfils required guidelines, transport is safe and reliable, and that safeguarding / community accountability mechanisms are in place and in use
- Lead the timely implementation of security recommendations
- Promote a culture of security awareness and risk reduction amongst staff
- Ensure WVSS safeguarding policy and code of conduct is fully adhered
External Engagement and Partnerships
- Develop and implement external engagement framework for the zone,
- Develop strategic networks enabling World Vision to leverage a collective voice in favor of children and their families, communities and partners;
- Represent at key state level government and humanitarian coordination platforms
- Foster partnering and collaboration n with other agencies to promote better coordination and partnership.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure operations related organisational policies, procedures, and compliance regulations are adequately implemented
- Contribute to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for operations
- Ensure timely implementation of all the audit recommendations
- Identify existing processes and procedures and lead efforts to plan, implement and monitor improvements
- Lead the identification and resolution of challenges which impact audit compliance and/or contribute to risk
- Cultivate an atmosphere of good stewardship, accountable ministry, and diligent compliance with internal and donor-imposed processes
- Promote efficient use of ministry resources and monitoring systems which promote good stewardship;
- Ensure awareness of, and full compliance with, donor and Support Offices requirements, including the timely submission of quality reports;
- Champion the implementation of Audit recommendations
- Lead identification and resolution of challenges
People Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure quality staff are attracted, retained and developed in the organization;
- Ensure there is a clear staff retention and succession plan in place, especially for local staff;
- Enhance staff engagement through regular town halls and implementation of our voice action plans
- Ensure partnering for performance is done timely including regular partnering conversations documented.
- Support recruitment process ensuring of inclusion of qualified team .
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
1 At least 10 years experience in relief and development, of which 5 must be at a senior management level in complex/ protracted emergencies and recovery operations.
8.. Experience in staff security and safety management for humanitarian organizations in complex and insecure environments is a must.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
1. Advanced degree in International Development/Humanitarian Emergencies Studies , NGO leadership or related discipline . (with proven experience of roject /program management)
2. Security training such as Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) by a reputable agency desirable .
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Atleast7yearsexperienceinreliefordevelopmentprogrammingwithatleast3yearsinamanagerialrole, Partnering skills to negotiate, co-create andcoordinate
Application deadline: 8th October 2023
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted