With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will be responsible for leading the Child Protection sector in Ukraine (70%) and Moldova (30%) providing technical guidance to ensure a high-level quality ministry in design, sectorial integration and to ensure mainstreaming CP as cross cutting theme. Represent WV in the external platform for effective collaboration and coordination with like-minded partners. Providing technical support to project team in the implementation of the activities implemented by partners or directly by World Vision. Work closely with MEAL team to ensure the quality assurance of the CP activities based on the project model quality benchmark. Supervise the Safeguarding officer.
- Lead the technical Child Protection in Humanitarian action (CPHA) in line with the Ukraine government as well as inter-agency regulations and guidances for World Visions activities as well as implementing partners.
- Develop CP sectorial strategy and detail implementation plan.
- Work closely with the MHPSS Advisors and Education Advisors to ensure synergy between CP components of project and with World Visions other projects and sectors.
- Develop and disseminate detailed plans and guidelines that will support delivery of sound CP strategies appreciating the unique contexts where the different MHPSS interventions will be implemented.
- Ensure proper planning and implementation of mental health and psychosocial support interventions in the project areas.
- Ensure all grant interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets and regularly review project status.
- Coordinate and monitor high-quality CP programming throughout the response, in collaboration with the technical team, field staff, and program managers.
- Conduct regular field visits for programmatic support and technical capacity building.
- Develop or revise CP training materials, monitoring and evaluation tools, and client documentation forms as needed in collaboration with Global DM CP technical advisor.
- Coordinate the implementation of research projects aiming to establish evidence-based CP programming, including training and supervision of staff as well as joint monitoring of the rollout of the intervention.
- Conduct regular file fidelity to ensure a high quality service is being provided in line with World Vision CP protocols and relevant international guidelines.
- Monitor the strategy and mechanisms for the integration of CP across World Vision inter-sectoral programming and ensure close coordination between the CP department and other departments/sectors.
- Promote ongoing integration of CP at the community level within health facilities and other community-based services.
- Ensure monitoring and reporting of serious adverse events witnessed during project implementation are effectively addressed.
- Ensure monthly monitoring of project indicators and facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements.
- Ensure Cluster reporting on time.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports (Situational Reports, Annual, Semi-annul and Monthly Management Reports) in line with World Vision grant reporting guidelines.
- Identify, document and disseminate promising practices on mental health research and psychosocial project
- Convene forums for sharing and learning while involving project stakeholders.
- Where opportunities arise, provide timely inputs and information for peer review journal publications.
- Ensure interpretation and utilization of assessment, baselines, evaluations, and verification on quality of designs
- Support development of technical papers and or policy briefs on key issues for external engagement with decision makers.
- Represent World Vision at relevant coordination meetings, including co-chairing Technical Working Group and promote interagency coordination and MHPSS guidelines.
- Liaise and collaborate with existing government structures and local authorities organizing MHPSS activities and advocating for collaboration on local MHPSS initiatives.
- Assist national partners in the development of the detailed mental health and psychosocial needs implementation plan in accordance with World Visions and donor requirements.
- Ensure close working collaboration with key Government line ministries and other like-minded Partners.
- CP supervision and capacity building through training and on job coaching for WV staff and implementing partners
- Support the Safeguarding Specialist to establish/ strengthen the safeguarding mechanisms within the response, including partner agencies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Required professional experience and Language:
- Minimum 5 years working as a child protection in humanitarian contexts.
- Strong skills in oral and written English.
- Ukrainian or Russian of advantage
Required education, training, license, registration, and certification:
Master degree in social science, social work, humanitarian protection or any other relevant degree European or international driving license
Preferred skills and qualifications:
Demonstrable experience in child protection programming, including child protection minimum standards. Strong report writing and monitoring skills. Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills. Strong capacity building, facilitation, and mentoring skills Knowledge of MS Office and statistical programs Frequent travels between Moldova and Ukraine
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Ability to work independent as well as in a team environment.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted