With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
End Results Expected
Mobilization of Project Beneficiaries, Participants, stakeholders and Partners for Project Interventions.
Support in planning and implementation of project activities as per the designs.
- Support Spiritual nurture, protection, participation and well-being of 1200 boys and girls in Kalobeyei Ward.
- Support all project initiatives to have a credible impact on the spirituality of children for holistic development of children.
- Support partnerships with churches and parachurch institutions for Discipleship, protection, participation, Spiritual Nature of Children and Values Formation.
- Support in compiling a database of all faith institutions engaged in Kalobeyei F&D Scale up project.
- Contribute to childrens flourishing and experiencing of Gods love through mobilizing children for Spiritual nurture and families, communities including churches and faith communities to participate in project activities in Kalobeyei Project area.
- Share inputs with the Project Officer in the development of annual plans and budget for submission to National Office.
Project Effectiveness, reporting and Budget Utilization
- Support quality and effectiveness of the project activities as per the design and guidelines in full compliance with donor and other relevant partnership standards and guidelines.
- Utilize appropriate monitoring tools developed, reviewed, approved and disseminated through the Project Officer.
- Support in implementation of evidence-based models for Spiritual nurture, protection, participation and well-being of children.
- Support day-to-day monitoring of Kalobeyei F&D Scale Up Projectactivities in line with M&E plan.
- Support in the gathering of accurate data and sharing timely information for compilation of monthly reports and success stories.
- Participate in Projects planning and review meetings
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
Successful implementation and reporting of project activities
Improved quality and impact reporting of the project activities.
Interfaith Engagement and Partnerships with Churches and Para-church institutions
- Engage and build positive relations with churches, Para-church and other faith organizations who are significant in the realization of the project goals and objectives
- Maintain regular communication with all churches engaged in the grant implementation.
- Embrace Kalobeyei multi-religious context and encourage without compromising WVK Christian identity in Project site.
- Reduced conflicts and dividers during project implementation.
- Enhanced interfaith relations within the project site for enhancing CWB.
- Increased number of children participating in planned project activities planned
Staff Christian Formation
- Support in leading of daily staff devotions and management devotion rota in Kakuma.
- Support in offering staff spiritual formation to Kakuma GFD staff.
- Continuous staff spiritual well-being and nurture.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Diploma in Community development / theology or Christian ministry/ Development studies/ Social work / Education or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- At Least 2 years of work experience working with children institutions/organizations
- Experience in Christian Discipleship Programs e.g. working in Children Ministry, Working with Pastors Fellowship, School and Churches/Faith Based Organizations
- Experience in engaging communities and local partners
- Experience with child protection and adult safeguarding policy and practices
- Prior experience working in refugee context at community engagement level
- Computer literate.
- Ability to ride a motorbike will be an added advantage
- Certificate of good conduct
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only