|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||2 years|
|Posting End Date||02/10/2023|
Purpose of the job
The Analyst of the Financial Institutions Donor Programmes (FI DP) Team is responsible for the implementation of Technical Cooperation (TC) and Co-investment grants mobilised for the Financial Institutions Business Group (FIBG)s operations. FI DP currentlyoversees a EUR 1 billion portfolio of active donor commitments across 70 programmes in support of FI investments. FI DP assists FI bankers and other teams within the EBRD in mobilising, using grants and reporting on grants as per the appropriate policies and guidelines.
The Analyst is responsible for several facilities/programmes that the FIBG deploys, especially standardised blended finance programmes. S/he ensures integrity and consistency of the facilities/programmes implementation. S/he also manages and/or oversees the implementation of TC programmes and projects. This position is envisaged to specifically focus on, but will not be limited to, implementation of the SME Competitiveness Support Programmes (Eastern Partnership EU4Business-EBRD Credit Line programme, among others).
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Manage standardised blended finance Programmes
- Monitor deployment of the designated Programmes and assume greater operational management responsibilities for selected Programmes
- Process incentives payments and ensure that all payments are performed as per loan agreements with FIs partner financial institutions (PFI), are in line with the requirements of donors providing funding for TC and co-investment grants, and meet future auditing requirements of the funds
- Support fundraising, drafting grant agreements and negotiating with donors, especially on budget and results
- Lead preparation of TC projects for internal approvals
- Support procurement of consultants and contract management in coordination with procurement departments, and designated FI Operation Leaders
- Contribute to aggregated internal and donor results reporting for designated Programmes
- Prepare bespoke donor progress updates and reports and any other information needed for presentation to donors at Steering and Monitoring Committee Meetings under the designated Programmes
- Respond to all queries related to Programmes as far as donor funding is concerned
- Ensure that implementation is in line with FI DP Blended Finance Guidelines
- Comment on investment documentation related to the Programmes
- Manage donors evaluation and audit processes of the Programmes
- Process consultant invoices approvals, liaise with designated internal units to ensure that invoices are paid in good time and resolve any invoice-related issues
2. Manage and/or oversee the implementation of TC Programmes and stand-alone TC projects
- Support fundraising, drafting and negotiating with donor, especially on budget and results
- Lead preparation of TC Programmes and Projects for internal approvals
- Support procurement of consultants needed to implement the Programmes/Projects in coordination with procurement department
- Support FI and TC Operation Leaders in managing consultants
- Contribute to aggregated result reporting
- Monitor deployment of the Programme/Project
- Prepare bespoke donor progress updates and reports and any other information needed for presentation to donors at Steering and Monitoring Committee Meetings under Facilities/Programmes
- Respond to all queries related to the Programme/Project as far as donor funding is concerned
- Comment on investment documentation related to the Programme/Project
- Managing donors evaluation and audit processes of Facilities/Programmes
- Process consultant invoices approvals, liaise with designated internal units to ensure that invoices are paid in good time and resolve any invoice-related issues.
3. Other responsibilities
- Implement other grant management related tasks under the designated and other portfolios as required by FI DP needs
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong relevant academic background
- Relevant work experience, exposure to commercial banking and/or donor funded private sector focussed programme implementation will be an advantage
- Strong numerical, analytical, and spreadsheet skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are essential
- Excellent written (report drafting, correspondence) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility, work independently and proactively as a member of a team
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and experience
- Ability to prioritise work, adapt quickly to continuously changing priorities and learn on the job
- Understand and enforce complex procedures
- Excellent English essential, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Russian, French or Arabic would be useful but not essential
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.