We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Job Title:Examinations Service Officer (Non-Permanente Worker)
Contract Type: Non-Permanent contract
Salary: 10.75 USD per hour
Contract Duration:6 Months with 7.5 working hours per day, non-renewable
Advertisement closing date: 25 September 2023
The British Council is the UKs international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
To administer the IELTS test in Iraq in accordance with the IELTS Administration and Professional Support Network (PSN) manuals, and to work on planning and implementing approaches for future growth of IELTS candidature in Iraq to meet or exceed planned targets.
IELTS test delivery/Administration
- Deliver a range of pre, during and post-test administrative service as per the Examining Boards and British Council standards and regulations. This includes, but not limited:
- registration systems
- venue staff systems
- financial systems
- logistical preparation
- managing and updating communication channels
- confidential material management and certification.
- Carry out full examination venue management duties and responsibilities in line with the Examining Boards and British Council standards and regulations.
- Work in line with the requirements of GNOME (i.e., the administration of BOSS, ORS2).
- Deal with specialized enquiries about exams when required.
- Arrange exams venues in line with QCA policy and standards as well as in line with the branding policy
- Support the examinations team with all examination related duties as and when required.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure test administration is carried out in compliance with relevant examining board regulations, guidelines, and standards as well as with British Councils QCA and Protect policy and standards
- Arrange exam venues and logistics in accordance with Exam Board regulations/Quality and Compliance Assessment (QCA) standards, Protecht and in line with local requirements.
- Handle confidential materials as per QCA policy and standards and follow needed processes
- Conduct a self IELTS audit annually and ensure compliance with all standards and procedures.
- Use standardized processes to monitor team/unit compliance with agreed corporate risk management procedures relevant to service delivery (e.g., child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the British Council and its customers
Customers/Stakeholders Service Management
- Ensure efficient customer journey and positive customer experience to stakeholders as per British Council service management standards. This includes not limited:
- registration and exams delivery cycle
- information provision and communication
- Ensure providing accurate and updated information to enquiries received from stakeholders, or referring them to the correct source
- Take end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated stakeholders (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required
- Provide direction, information, and advisement to stakeholders regarding testing policies, procedures, and outcomes
Train, monitor and evaluate venue staff performance
- Ensure having sufficient and well-trained venue staff (examiners, supervisors, invigilators) to run the IELTS exams by offering annual trainings and refreshment sessions.
- Regularly update exams venue staff of new procedures and ensure all follow the client service standards and essential personnel.
- Supervise venue staff which includes performance management and attendance at the exam venue, resolving related problems and issues, supporting their training and payments processing
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
- Networking with a diverse type of clients, customers, and stakeholders
- Training and professional development
- Building a base for a career in operation and administration
- Developing an in-depth knowledge and insight about the operation
- Dealing with diverse background of people and institutions
- An active and dynamic type of operation
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you.Please apply by 25 September 2023 (23:59 GST Time).
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.