We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
To advocate and advise on corporate and awarding body requirements and risk mitigation measures for all Exams products throughout the regions, resulting in increased levels of compliance and improved risk management.
Main Accountabilities for this role:
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies core technical and professional knowledge, recognised best practice approaches and insight to resolve non-standard issues which arise in the region
- Assists and conducts analysis on compliance and risk reporting to provide recommendations and business advice
- Delivers/undertakes a target number of compliance reviews, site visits and spot checks to ensure corporate and awarding body requirements are met, risks are properly managed
- Embeds global Business Assurance monitoring processes for all products and internal processes
Internal customer focus
- Ensures the team appreciates and embeds regional needs at the core of its activities and services based on informed business insight and joined-up thinking.
- Supports operations and process-related improvements through continuous compliance and risk assessments with the embedded BA Risk Management process
- Support Regional Business Assurance Lead & Assistant Managers BASR regions in improvement and implementation of global compliance and risk management processes and polices, ensuring that regional perspectives are fully considered.
- Undertakes small research, business assurance reporting or project implementation tasks, as required, to support the effective development and delivery of services by the wider BA function
- Identifies and highlights trends of non-compliance and risk for the business through regular review. Make recommendations on improvement or risk mitigation actions. Actively intervenes to address and resolve the reasons for non-compliance and highlights trends for Business Improvement focus in consultation with Regional Business Assurance Lead.
- Support region in managing compliance and risk, ensuring that risk analysis, compliance dashboards and reports are optimal for Exams stakeholders, plus aligned with the broader British Council requirements, and mirror the best practices.
- Ensures appropriate timely follow up / risk mitigation measures are put in place in light of BASR monitoring processes.
- Proactively pursues on the annual cycle of formally recognized Continuing Professional Development program to maintain and deepen professional expertise. Share learning with the relevant team members. Contributes to the CPD of BASR function overall
- Commits to becoming professionally qualified within the relevant professional accreditation (e.g., Institute of Risk Management)
- Leads and/or supports Exams Integrity related risk management and investigations. Proactively contribute to any major security investigations and ensure appropriate mitigations are in place.
- As part of the global team, to support other geographical areas as needed
Leadership & management
- Plans and prioritises own activities, which span across a range of different work streams or internal client relationships. Responds to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a monthly/quarterly time horizon, adapting plans according to business assurance priorities
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g., internal customers, colleagues or third-party suppliers) to complete activities in accordance with agreed corporate procedures related to compliance and risk management
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Develops good working relationships with appropriate colleagues throughout the British Council and within the business assurance discipline to facilitate the effective provision of high quality and customer-focused services and advice
- Provides operational management support, to country/regional Business Assurance teams in regions, ensuring accountabilities embedded and investigation resolution and compliance targets are met
Essential qualification for the role would be:
- Degree level qualification
- Experience of contributing to a geographically dispersed team (e.g., across a region or large country)
- Successful demonstration of adhering to corporate and external compliance frameworks and standards
- Involvement in the deployment of business assurance and compliance approaches across a global or regional business
- Knowledge of a wide range of Global Exams Services, partnership and British Council Exams products, and their delivery and security needs.
- History ofgoodrelationship and stakeholder management skills
Desirable qualification for the role would be:
- Experience of managing compliance and risk across regional or global business
- Experience in undertaking quality reviews / consultancies
Pay band: 6/G
Location: Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, Greece, Bulgaria, UK.
Contract type: Indefinite contract
Requirements: This vacancy is open to all candidates with right to work in Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria, UK
Closing date and time: Wednesday 4th October 2023 (16:59 Eastern Daylight Time)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.