Requisition ID: req45486
Job Title: Inclusion Focal Point x18 - Akkar
Employment Category: Occasional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Qobayat, Lebanon
Scope of work:
The inclusion focal points under Dirasa in partnership with UNICEF will be responsible to ensure children with disabilities are identified, assessed, provided with the needed services and devices, and properly followed up on including the availability of Individual Education Plan for each child in coordination with the childs educators, caregivers, and Inclusion Officer.
The Schools Inclusion focal points will support the inclusion officer two full days per week in each school or 10 hours of work per week in the outreach, registration, reporting and data collection in the assigned locations/semi-private and/or private schools in Akkar. The position will be under the supervision of the Inclusion Officer.
- Participate in the outreach and identification of children with disabilities, by conducting door to-door visits/phone calls as per the agreed plan and make sure that all the information addressed in the registration form are filled clearly and correctly.
- Ensure children with disabilities are assessed and provided with the needed services and devices.
- Followed up properly on including the availability of Individual Education Plan for each child in coordination with the childs educators, inclusion Officer and caregivers.
- In coordination with the inclusion officer, the Inclusion focal point in school is expected to conduct parental engagement activities tailored to the caregivers of children with disabilities in the program.
- Coordinate with other staff in the same organization as these activities should be integrated within the regular parental engagement planning and implementation.
- The Inclusion focal point is expected to attend all the provided capacity building opportunities.
- Ensure coordination with Inclusion Officer and all actors involved in the project to ensure smooth implementation of the activities.
- Report complaints and challenges to the Inclusion Officer.
- In coordination with Inclusion Officer, identify and achieve set target for children with disabilities as an essential part of the outreach campaign.
- Ensure confidentiality of the outreach/inclusion information.
- Follow IRC security measures and policies.
- Participate in meetings, reporting and planning meeting to ensure adherence to standards of care quality and reporting requirements.
- Enter registration and outreach data into platforms/ data base systems- ensure accuracy of entered data.
- Any other task as assigned by the Education team serving the project overall.
- Technical / Special Education University students, University degree in education, special education, pedagogy, or related field.
- Experience in filling surveys and data entry.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and good knowledge of the region and local language.
- Experience in working with refugee communities in Lebanon.
- Capability to establish with the persons and families a good and respectful contact to ensure the quality of activities.
- Good communication and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Working experience in NGOs is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision. Flexibility, commitment, work ethics and team spirit.
| || |
# Registration forms filled
Up to 50 per inclusion focal point
# Days worked in the field (to perform above tasks)
2 full days per week (5 hours per day) or10 hours of work per week
# Days worked in Office/Remotely, phone calls/office tasks (Data Entry, meetings, )