Position: Programme Manager
Duration: 1 year
Start date: 1 October
Reporting to: Country Director
IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian aid agency dedicated to supporting populations in crisis around the world. Founded in 2001, IsraAID has worked in emergency and long- term development settings in over 51 countries. IsraAID’s vision is to build a world in which individuals, communities, and institutions have the resilience to navigate today’s crises, withstand tomorrow’s, and live sustainably. Today, its operations span across several sectors of expertise from both the humanitarian aid and international development arenas, including protection, education, WASH, health, and livelihoods, working on sustainable solutions for disaster risk reduction and response. IsraAID has been working in Dominica since October 2017, after the island was severely affected by Hurricane Maria. Today IsraAID Dominica implements programs in education, child protection and livelihoods working with local communities and in collaboration with the Dominica government, international organizations and CSOs.
The primary function of the Programme Manager is to support the Country Director in supervising the implementation of programmes and provide technical oversight to all projects. As part of the senior leadership team, the Programme Manager also plays an active role in planning, designing, implementing, developing and administering IsraAID Dominica programmes and strategy under the leadership of the Country Director.
The Programme Manager will oversee the IsraAID programmes in Dominica combining management and oversight with department development. In line with IsraAID’s global strategy. The Programme Manager will guide the development and implementation of sectoral programmes. In this capacity, she/he will lead the designing of concrete implementation plans for each project, provide budget oversight, and ensure donor reports are of excellent quality and prepared in a timely manner. He/she will identify needs for specialised expertise and work under the supervision of the Country Director to fill those gaps. He/she will utilise and adapt existing programme management and MEAL tools under supervision of Country Director and in collaboration with IsraAID HQ.
- Reporting to the Country Director, proactively oversee all projects in country through all components of the project management cycle providing ongoing managerial support to officers
- Ensure that the programme, projects and activities have clear and realistic objectives, identifiable direct/indirect beneficiaries, have a concrete, realistic and impact-oriented implementation plans
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures are followed for the programme for the effective and ethical implementation of the programme.
- Effectively monitor budget implementation against programmatic targets, with support from Country Director, the MEAL officer, and the programmes team.
- In collaboration with all relevant staff, oversee timely reporting for the programme according to internal IsraAID and donor requirements, ensuring strict compliance with donor contract requirements and reporting deadlines, and the verification of submission shared with the Country Director and relevant HQ staff. Simplify and move under MEAL.
- Lead in organizing project meetings, covering all aspects of project planning and implementation.
- Ensure that the programme, projects, and activities are designed and implemented according to the Country Office Strategy, IsraAID’s, and international programmatic protocols, guidelines, ethics and standards.
- Report to the Country Director on a weekly basis on activities, achievements, challenges, recommendations for programme improvement, and programme staff development.
Staff management and Professional Technical Support
- Manage and support programmes team, directly supervise project staff (and ensure reporting lines are observed.
- Manage staff for programmes: design staffing plans for each programme in coordination with the Country Director to identify recruitment needs.
- Determine training needs for programmatic staff and facilitate the participation of these staff in order to build capacity.
Strategy and Planning
- Ensure effective implementation of the yearly strategic planning for all programmes (using existing protocols and guidelines)
- Accompany IsraAID’s national partners in the design and implementation of quality realistic programmatic intervention, taking into account the needs on the ground, IsraAID’s mandate and capacity of the partner, as well as donors’ requirements.
- Identify and collect the best practices to contribute to programme experience and design.
Administrative and financial management
- Ensure all budgeting, administrative, and procurement requirements, related to the programs are met in a timely and effective fashion with the support of the Procurement Officer and finance team.
- Coordinate with the finance team the budget planning, monitoring, reporting, and monitoring of programme spending versus programme goals and timeframe.
Coordination with external partners and with local communities.
- Ensure that all programme decisions are taken in coordination with partners, donors, relevant government structures, and community.
- Ensure non-duplication of programs with other partners operating in same locations and in similar sectors of activity.
- Attend coordination meetings, other relevant meetings with authorities, donors and other stakeholders as required by the Country Director.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics.
- Communicate these values to staff and to partners and require them to adhere to these values;
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of non-discrimination, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against child exploitation and modern slavery;
- Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s and UN’s codes of conducts and principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in business or related field (Masters in Development etc)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in Programme Management in a humanitarian setting.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently following consultative processes.
- Creativity and ability to work with limited resources.
- High level of interpersonal skills; open-minded individual, culturally sensitive, friendly, flexible, adaptable, team player, and possesses patience in a changing environment and needs.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, including logframe development, project management cycle.
Based in Dominica
IsraAID has a zero tolerance towards any acts of misconduct and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. The recruitment process will include all candidates’ declaration and reference checks focused on misconduct and SEA.