Requisition ID: req42131
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
The Human Resource Officer is responsible for the overall delivery of quality services to IRC staff members as regards personnel administration, salary and benefits administration, recruitment, field support and employee relations.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and assist the Human Resource Manager in ensuring employee adherence.
- Assist the HR Manager in the interpretation and implementation of the full range of IRCs policies and procedures.
- Ensure personnel files are complete and assure adherence to highest level of confidentiality.
- Maintain updated job description database.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly timesheets.
- Close and archive personnel files on timely basis.
- Maintain the HR Information System.
- Assist in the recruitment processes ensuring compliance to hiring policies and procedures, and that best practice are followed and documented.
- Vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate.
- Conduct interviews and provide interview outcome summary.
- Liaison with potential candidates and assemble required documentation.
- Maintain tracking system of the recruitment process and compile monthly report on recruitment.
- Conduct orientation of new staff.
- Monitor expiry of staff contracts and advise the HRM on timely basis.
- Monitor induction process, ensuring that performance objectives are set and, and that post probation evaluation reviews are submitted on timely basis.
- Prepare monthly staff list.
- Maintain master leave database and ensure timely update of leave forms, in close coordination with field locations.
- Ensure complete documentation for all staff movement.
- Track leave, R&R, and business days in Nairobi in coordination with Field Coordinators.
- Coordinate the exit process and ensure finalization of all procedures within one month.
- Ensure timely deletion of staff from insurance benefits.
- Preparation of employee final dues.
Staff training and Development
- Facilitate all requests for staff training as approved in Annual Training Plan and maintain database of trainings attended.
- Provide technical support and supervision to field HR & administration staff. Act as the primary liaison focal point for all procedural issues.
- Provide support to field locations with systems and procedures for smooth implementation of IRC policies and procedures.
- Make monitoring visits to field locations at least on quarterly basis to facilitate trainings and observations of internal controls in field locations.
- Compile monthly reports from field locations for submission to HRM. Compile and submit monthly HR report.
- A bachelors degree in business administration, Business Management or HR Management.
- At least 5 years experience in personnel administration, preferably with a development or humanitarian international organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly, coupled with ability to influence, advise, and train on human resource issues, and act as an agent of change.
- Demonstrated people skills.
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with payroll packages.
- Cultural and diversity sensitivity, commitment, and an understanding of the values of IRC and the principles of equal opportunities.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that the International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.