With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The purpose of the Chief of Party position is to manage structure, coordinate and support the full USAID-funded in protecting children in Colombia and Peru. The position holder is required to collaborate with various Ministry departments and other critical partners to improve the safety, well-being, and development of children in highly vulnerable situations, particularly those who are living without adequate family care. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and World Vision regulations in Colombia and Peru.
Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation, and quality assurance.
Provide policy and strategy level advisory assistance to government, stakeholders in Colombia and Peru, and other major players in tprotection of children.
Represent World Vision Colombia and Peru with partners and key stakeholders (including social welfare workers), maintain positive relationships with USAID, local ministries, local CSOs, and the country office team;
Liaise with local government officials, local CSOs, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate.
The CoP will work closely with the awards manager to ensure that the project is implemented according to USAID polices and principles and that there are no disallowable expenses.
S/he will report any variance (budget or programmatic) on time to USAID after internal consultation.
Serve as a focal point for USAID project and actively participate in the required meetings/forums and others.
Required Professional Experience and qualifications
1. Master's degree in education Social Work, Development Studies, Child Protection, or Leadership.
2. Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
3. Experience as a CoP, key personnel, or senior expert advisor required.
4. Demonstrated outstanding leadership, effective organizational development, partnership building, managerial, team building, and communications skills.
5. Proven ability to coordinate with other key stakeholders such as governmental and non-governmental organizations in Colombia and Peru.
6. Strong presentation and report writing skills.
7. Experience of leading large and diverse teams.
8. Experience in leading and managing large grants in a complex environment.
9. Experience in managing sub grants and contracts under grants for complex projects.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
7+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects in developing countries,
At least 5 years managing social welfare or child protection programs 2+ years in senior roles
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Sound knowledge and experience of effective and proven experiences of coaching large teams.
Sound knowledge and experience of on Advancing Protection and Care for Children in Adversity Strategy program
Sound knowledge of strategies and techniques to manage the effective implementation of USAID funded large grants.
Excellent relationship building skills, including ability to engage and influence across all levels with key decision makers / executives of a variety of key external organisations.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team.
Experience successfully building local capacity and local systems strengthening through programming.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted